This award honors South Florida Human Resources professionals and teams who are responsible for leading people strategy, change management, talent management, diversity and organizational design initiatives that drive value for their organizations.
HR Executive of the Year recognizes an HR executive (VP or CHRO) who has demonstrated extraordinary and visionary leadership in enhancing an organization’s strategic plan as it pertains to human capital.
HR Leader of the Year recognizes an HR professional (Manager, Generalist or HRBP) who has positively affected their organization by enhancing its effectiveness, efficiency, performance, cost management or profitability in order to address a critical business issue, challenge or opportunity.
Best Use of Corporate Social Responsibility recognizes an organization that has embedded corporate social responsibility throughout the company, in particular through its people. Entrants should demonstrate the role HR has played in the strategy and execution of CSR initiatives through measurable results.
Best Health & Wellness Program recognizes an organization that provides the most compelling evidence that their strategy for health and well-being in the workplace not only works but has also created a clear and measureable return on investment.
Best HR Strategic Impact recognizes HR teams for implementing innovative practices in the areas of talent acquisition, development, retention, engagement, rewards, recognition, and/or organizational culture in collaboration with functional areas to positively shape the organization. Nominees should demonstrate their value to the organization by providing metrics, case studies, or any other information linking strategic HR practices to organizational success.
2022 HR Ring of Honors
- Amy Alexy, Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resource Officer, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd
- Terry Arnold, Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resource Officer, Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits
- Jose Tomás, Chief Administrative Officer, TelevisaUnivision, Inc.
2021 HR Ring of Honors
- Greg Brenner, Assistance Vice President, Talent & Organizational Development, University of Miami
- Zoe Hernandez Wolfe, Assistant Vice President, Talent Management & Development Baptist Health South Florida
- El pagnier Hudson, Vice President, Human Resources, Florida International University
- Christine Johnson, Vice President, Innovation, Economic Development, Miami-Dade Beacon Council
- Michelle D. Mason, Senior Associate Dean for Experiential Learning and Associate Dean for Enrollment, FIU College of Law
- Colin McDonald, SVP, Human Resources, Cross Country Healthcare
- Mark Sprada, SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer at Broward Health
- Michael Wukitsch, Chief Human Resources Officer, Lee Health
2018 HR Ring of Leaders
- Deborah H. Caplan, Executive Vice President, Human Resources and Corporate Services NextEra Energy, Inc.
- Colleen Goedert, VP of Human Resources, Florida East Coast Industries, LLC (FECI)
- Melissa Martin, Director of Global Employee Relations and EEO Compliance, Citrix
- Eyran Kraus, Testing and Validation Supervisor, City of Miami
- Ron L. Phillips, Senior Vice President and Chief People Officer, Carnival
- Adriene McCoy, Corporate Vice President & Chief HR Officer, Baptist Health
- Ameilia Pulliam, SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer, ADT Corporation
- Tom Shea, Preisdent/Founder & Maureen Shea, CEO/Co-Founder, Right Management - Florida/Caribbean
- Best Health & Wellness Program - Wellnext
- Best Use of of Corporate Social Responsibility - Victoria & Associates Career Services, Inc.
- Best HR Strategic Impact - Sunrise Community, Inc.
- HR Executive of the Year - Emily Hofer
- HR Leader of the Year - John Williamson
- Best Use of Corporate Social Responsibility in HR: Starboard Cruise Services
- Best Talent Management Strategy: Department of Health – Broward
- Best Health & Wellbeing Program: Kaufman Rossin
- HR Innovator of the Year: Kristofer Cooper, MorseLife, Inc.
- HR Leader of the Year: Trish Turner, Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe
- HR Executive of the Year: Patricia “Trish” Brennan, Vice President of Human Resources, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County
- Executive Leadership Excellence: Adriene McCoy, Baptist Health South Florida
- HR Leader of the Year: Yuni Navarro, Ocean Bank
- HR Aspiring Leader: Elizabeth Garcia, Arise Virtual Solutions
- Best Use of Corporate Social Responsibility: Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- Health & Wellbeing: Baptist Health South Florida
- Best Talent Management Strategy: NCCI Holdings
- International Impact: World Fuel Services
- Most Successful Change Management Strategy: Florida International University Division of Human Resources
- Executive Leadership Excellence: Tedd Trabert, Health Choice Network, Inc.
- HR Leader of the Year: Johana Bohorquez, PHR, GHCS, MBA, Arise Virtual Solutions
- HR Aspiring Leader: James Glenos, MorseLife
- Best Use of Corporate Social Responsibility: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Health & Well-Being: UnitedHealth Group
- Best Talent Management Strategy: MorseLife
- Outstanding Employee Engagement Strategy: Solstice Benefits
- Most Innovative Use of Technology: Florida International University, Division of Human Resources
- HR Leadership Excellence: Iliana Castillo-Frick, Miami Dade College
- HR Director of the Year: Odalys Martinez, Hilton Miami Airport
- HR Aspiring Leader: Johana Bohorquez, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- Best Use of Corporate Social Responsibility: Wells Fargo
- Health & Well-Being:Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Best Talent Management Strategy: Florida International University, Division of Human Resources
- Outstanding Employee Engagement Strategy: Baptist Health South Florida
- Champions of HR Honorees:
- Maria R. Del Busto, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
- Corey B. Heller, Baptist Health South Florida
- Kal Mistry, VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
- Nerissa E. Morris, University of Miami