Senior Executive Orientation®
The Senior Executive Orientation® Committee was organized over 30 years ago to welcome new c-level executives and their spouses to the Greater Miami community. The Senior Executive Orientation® program is an immersion into the major issues facing Miami and introduces participants to top community leaders addressing those issues. Difficult problems such as transportation, affordable housing, education and workforce development, healthcare, immigration and urban sprawl are addressed as are the wonderful aspects of Miami that make us a great place to live, a world-class arts and culture community, sports and entertainment, tourism and trade, to mention but a few.
The Senior Executive Orientation® Committee organizes, promotes and oversees the Senior Executive Orientation® program which welcomes and creates experiences to orient newly-relocated or recently promoted senior-level executives, provides them with a rapid understanding and successful transition into this unique community, and equip them with the important connections and relationships they will need to be successful.
- Welcome new senior executives and acquaint them with the community in a relatively short period of time accelerating their feeling of belonging
- Foster an appreciation for the many benefits of living in South Florida through experiences covering its lifestyle, diverse cultures, business opportunities, educational organizations, government and recreational activities
- Generate a better understanding of the formal and informal decision-making channels in the region’s economic, political and civic structure
- Connect new executives with community leaders and decision makers and facilitate their immediate participation in community affairs, as well as the business, philanthropic, and political structures
- Connect with other executives who are new to Greater Miami
- Establish a network of other executives who are new to Greater Miami
- Create a mechanism that encourages Senior Executive involvement in the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
Participation in the Senior Executive Orientation® Committee is only open to Trustee, Trustee Platinum and Chairman Circle members. This is a highly sought-after committee, and space is limited. You may expect annual Committee dues which support committee member participation in the programming. Committee members include businesses in a wide range of industries, from law firms to nonprofits to individual consultants seeking to connect with new senior executives relocating to the Greater Miami community.
The Senior Executive Orientation® Committee is led by a Committee Chair and Vice Chair, who are elected by the Board of Directors for a one-year term. The Committee Chair is responsible for the effective functioning of the Senior Executive Orientation® Committee, its task forces and execution of the annual Senior Executive Orientation program as aligned with Committee’s mission and objectives.