Serving for a one-year term, the Chair of the Board holds the top leadership position in the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce and leads the Board Officers, joining a long line of South Florida leaders who for over a century have built the community and many of the institutions of today.
Chair, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
Roberto Muñoz is the President, COO and Founder of ELITE Family Office, in partnership with Coastal Wealth, a MassMutual Firm. Mr. Muñoz specializes in working with high-net-worth individuals and small to medium sized companies to improve their market targeting, key performance indicators, strategic debt planning, and execution strategies. Roberto holds a 2-15 Insurance License from the State of Florida and is a Member of the Board of Directors and Audit Committee Chair with the American Bank of Investments, owned by NCH Capital, a PE firm headquartered in NY, NY.
Roberto has more than 40 years of financial industry experience covering the State of Florida, South and Central America and the Caribbean in the areas of Commercial Banking, Real Estate and Institutional Lending, Mergers and Acquisitions, Project Finance, as well as Wealth and Treasury Management services and has held senior executive banking positions with First Horizon (USA), BBVA (Spain), Regions (USA), Israel Discount (Israel), Mizuho (Japan), and Barclays Capital PLC (England). He’s approved by the FDIC and the Office of Financial Regulation, State of Florida to lead financial institutions at the highest levels.
Roberto is an award-winning community and thought leader with civic roles that include president and chairman of the Board of Directors, Boy Scouts of America, South Florida Council; chairman of the Board of Directors and of the Executive Committee of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce; founding chairman of the Advisory Board for the Center for International Trade Development Miami; executive board member of the Miami-Dade Beacon Council; Immediate past chairman of the World Trade Center Miami; former chairman and president of the Florida International Bankers Association. He also serves as a board member of the Chapman Partnership for the Homeless; board member of the Florida International University Presidents Council; advisory board member of the Tibor and Sheila Hollo School of Real Estate at Florida International University; board member of the Florida Alternative Investment Association; board member of The Miami Symphony Orchestra. Mr. Muñoz holds the keys to Miami-Dade County, the City of Miami, North Bay Village, and the Zoo Miami Foundation and has attained various Certificates of Appreciation from the Mayors of the City of Miami and Miami-Dade County for community leadership. He has also held many other board positions over the past many years.
In the community, Roberto has been recognized with numerous awards and recognitions including the “Distinguished Chairman” award from the World Trade Center Miami; the “Champion of Conservation” award by the Miami Zoo Foundation; induction in the Marquis “Who’s Who in America” distinction; the “Lifetime Achievement” award and induction into the “Second Century Society” by the Boy Scouts of America, South Florida Council. He received the Public Service and Captain of Industry award in “Global Trade and Banking” from the CSC, Triple C Organization as part of the United Nations Public Service initiative; and the “Diamond Circle” award for Leadership and Management from First Horizon Bank. He was twice named “The Achiever” by the Miami Today newspaper and received the “Banker of the Year” award from the South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Awards, Distinctions, Commissions and Appointments include:
• Designated and received the “James E. West Fellowship” by the Boy Scouts of America in May 2022.
• Named Honorary Chair of the 2022 “Miami Man & Women of the Year” event by LLS.
• Recipient of the 2021 “Miguel de Cervantes” Award by SFHCC in September 2021.
• Received the NASBITE “International Trade” Award for the State of Florida in June 2020.
• Presented the “The Gold Medal” Award for community service by the Miami Today in May 2020.
• Commissioned as a “Kentucky Colonel” by the Governor, Andrew G. Beshear in April 2020
• Recipient of the 2019 “Distinguished Citizen” Award, from the Boy Scouts of America.
• Recipient of the 2018 “Silver Beaver” Award, from the Boy Scouts of America.
• Named to the WACE Co-Op, “Hall of Fame” in 2017.
• Inducted into the FIU “Hall of Fame” in 2017 and presented the “Torch” Award.
• Named “Company of the Year” by the Spain-US Chamber of Commerce in 2016.
• Inducted into the Miami Dade College Alumni “Hall of Fame” in Banking and Finance in 2016.
• Honored with the “Florida Business Ambassador” Award by the Governor of FL, Rick Scott in 2015.
• Named “Best of Miami” in International Banking and Finance by the Miami Today in 2015.
• Received the 2016 “Corporate Executive Philanthropist of the Year” Award from LLS.
• Received the inaugural “Philanthropist of the Year” Award by LLS.
• Received “The Hispanic Heritage” Award in 2014 by the Boy Scouts of America.
• Received the 12th Annual “Banking and Finance” Award by the M-D Beacon Council in 2014.
• Graduated from the Center for Leadership at FIU “Senior Executive Leaders” program 2013.
• Named “Man of the Year” in 2011 by Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
• Appointed vice-chair of the “FL Film and Television Board” by Gov. Lawton Chiles from 1993-1997.
Roberto earned an Associate in Arts degree from Miami Dade College and a dual Bachelor of Arts degree in finance and international business from Florida International University and holds numerous diplomas and certificates in the field of banking and finance. He and his wife, Teresa have five children, and were named “Parents of the Year” by the Miami-Dade Public Schools in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016. In addition to spending time with his family, Mr. Muñoz loves to cook, travel, and enjoy the world’s many cultures. He is fluent in English and Spanish and maintains LinkedIn contact base with over 30,000 followers.