Advocate for increased funding for all pre-K-20, coordinating with Governmental Affairs Group and creating a detailed and prioritized agenda to be accomplished:
· Early childhood development
· Restore District Cost Differential (commission a third-party study)
· Present agenda to industry groups for obtaining support
Collaborate and participate with select Chamber committees to increase the linkage between Education and Workforce Development and One Community One Goal (OCOG) Industry Targets:
· Ensure that education is part of the Economic Summit
Collaborate with other Chamber committees to assist with the number of industry partnerships for internships, apprenticeships and mentorships in STEM-related occupations:
· Work with OCOG, the Talent Development Network and other organizations to determine needs
· Strive to increase number by five percent
Continue on the progress achieved at last year’s successful Education Summit between business and educational leaders.
Increase business attendance at education events by 10 percent.
Additional Committee Programming
The Jeanne Bellamy Scholarship was started by Jeanne Bellamy, the first woman to serve as chair of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce. A scholarship is awarded annually to a female high school senior from a Miami-Dade County Public High School who intends to pursue a degree in business. The scholarship is restricted to 12th graders. Click here for additional information.