New World Center (Downtown Miami)
Coordinate with the Chamber’s Transportation & Infrastructure Committee, lead agencies and other key stakeholders to focus on downtown transportation issues.
Organize three forums on issues critical to downtown Miami; topics will include:
- Homeless population and affordable housing
- Update on Baywalk, Riverwalk, Museum Park/other Parks
- Wynwood and Design District updates
Feature presentations at quarterly committee meetings; topics will include:
- Impact fee expenditures collected on projects and regenerated into area for infrastructure improvements
- Expansion of Southside Elementary, repurposing other schools
- Port of Miami expansion/utilization
Celebrate Miami’s central business core’s growth and development:
- Present the Alvah H. Chapman Jr. Award of Excellence for the outstanding achievements of an individual, organization and young leader who have made significant contributions and set the standard for the development of Miami’s central business core’s economy, culture, promotion, education, beautification and preservation.