The International Business and Consular Corps and Trade Representatives Committees focus on developing, maintaining, and expanding international business and trade opportunities that are of interest and value to Chamber members, local businesses and the community-at-large.
- Promote international business, trade, and logistics in South Florida through outbound and inbound trade missions and other business sector players
- Promote South Florida as the premier place to grow international trade and businesses across the Americas
- Brand and promote Greater Miami Foreign Trade Zone #32 as the best option to facilitate the import and export of goods
- Support the Chamber’s advocacy efforts on international business matters, trade agreements and tariffs
- Expand worldwide outreach through collaboration with the Consular Corps, foreign chambers of commerce and economic development agencies, as well as state and federal commerce and trade entities
- Provide relevant programming that is informative and valuable to our stakeholders
Participation in the International Business Committee is open to all Greater Miami Chamber members who have interests or concerns related to the international business industry. Committee membership is open to all members.
The International Business Committee is led by a Committee Chair and Vice Chair, who are elected by the Board of Directors for a one-year term. The Committee Chair is responsible for the effective functioning of the International Business Committee and ensuring its goals and activities are aligned with the committee’s mission and objectives.
The Committee has signed Memoranda of Understanding with close to 80 partners around the globe. The Committee is also responsible of hosting dignitaries ensuring the trade community is informed with new international regulations through its Cargo Network and its relationship and bi-national chambers and international organizations.