The impact of nonprofit organizations on our community cannot be overstated. Not only do nonprofits help tens of thousands of individuals within our community daily, they embody the best of who we are, especially within a region with the broad needs of ours. As public funding has diminished over time, the nonprofit sector has taken on much of the responsibilities of making our community a place to live and play. It has grown well over 97% since 1992. In 2005 alone, the sector generated $48B in revenues and held $76B in assets. This sector continues to play an expanding role in economic and social well-being in our county.
The Nonprofit Business Committee assists nonprofit business members with issues management, supports non-profit and for-profit engagement, recognizes nonprofit business management excellence through various awards programs, and communicates nonprofit business accomplishments to the broader business community.
- Enhance Corporate Social Responsibility among Chamber members
- Elevate nonprofit management and governance practices
- Continue to spotlight innovative excellence in nonprofit programs
- Enhance the profile of the NOVO Awards and its recipients
- Maximize opportunities through the partnership with the Association of Fundraising Professionals regarding the Julia Tuttle Award and Annual National Philanthropy Day
Participation in the Nonprofit Business Committee is open to all Greater Miami Chamber members who are engaged in the nonprofit sector themselves, or are for-profit organizations and individuals who are interested, and/or continually engaged with the non-profit world.
The Nonprofit Business Committee is led by a Committee Chair and Vice Chair, who are elected by the Board of Directors for a one-year term. The Committee Chair is responsible for the effective functioning of the Nonprofit Business Committee, ensuring its goals and activities are aligned with the committee’s mission and objectives.