We presented another great program this past month, the 5th Annual 2021 Resilient Solutions Summit: Reimagining Resilience through Water and Energy Innovation. We welcomed Mayor Daniella Levine Cava as she gave opening remarks on critical isssues that affect our community, water and energy infrastructures, that are essential for our county's public health and our economy (8:02).
Chuck Chaitovitz, U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Vice President of Environmental Affairs and Sustainability also joined us and spoke on using innovation to address the challenging economic crisis we are all facing and the business community's interest in shared climate priorties (22:59).
The program featured the following discussions:
Water Energy Nexus Panel with...
• Hardeep Anand, P.E., Deputy Director, Capital Improvement Program, Miami-Dade County Water and Sewer Department
• Rick Beasley, Executive Director, CareerSource South Florida
• Dr. Todd Crowl, Professor and Director, Institute of Environment, Florida International University
• Ajay Kasarabada, P.E., Distributed Generation, Services Director, Black & Veatch
• Jennifer Schaffer, Director of Development, Florida Power & Light Company
• Susy Torriente, Global Technology Leader, City Resilience, Jacobs (Moderator)
• (48:58) Each panelists' perspectives in water, energy, academia, and the workforce as it relates to resilience
• (1:04:18) How to equip the next generation with information through innovation to do the work
• (1:16:21) Working with entrepreneurs and/or start-ups to design and implement innovative solutions
We wrapped up the program with a Legislative Conversation with Garrett Wallace, Florida Government Relations Manager, The Nature Conservancy and District #114 Representative Demi Busatta Cabrera.